Monday 9 March 2009

New things!

My new upgraded C permit greeted me in the post last week. This now means that I can use mist nets as part of my ringing activates. I've ordered a net and hopefully that will arrive soon before the Siskin that are feeding in my garden move on!! I've also treated myself to some new potter traps (See below) which arrived this morning.

I was pleased to see that two of our satellite transmitter Whooper Swans from Martin Mere have started their migration! They left Martin Mere on 04/03/2009 and headed out over the sea towards Stranraer then progressing on further up to Coll and Tiree. They stayed over night on South Usit before setting off at around 19:00 on 07/03/2009 over the sea, bound for Iceland. However bad weather off the coast of Iceland soon saw the swans heading back for Scotland! On the 08/03/2009 they were back on Uist! See map below -


1 comment: