Thursday 26 August 2010

Lunchtime Ring Reading.


Just before I went away to Romania, I called into Pennington Flash briefly to meet some friends. We had a quick glance at the Coot around the public feeding area & spotted Red BTO, White White. This bird was ringed at Southport Marine Lake on 16/01/2010.
Today I decided to spend my lunch hour down at Pennington to see whether I could spot any more colour ringed Coot. Around 100 birds were in the feeding area, helping themselves to free handouts, when I spotted a colourful Coot in the water. This was Red BTO, White Orange. Again this bird was ringed on Southport Marine Lake on 12/02/2010 (Distance 36kms). There seems to be a bit of movement between Pennington Flash and Southport as I've controlled 3 birds ringed by the Leigh Ringing Group at Southport in previous years.


View Untitled in a larger map

I also managed to read a Swedish ring on a Black Headed Gull (6407062) so I'll post more details on this bird at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment