Friday 23 April 2010

A stroll in the cemetery.

I've always found cemeteries to be good nest finding locations and so this evening around tea-time (I often find it's quiet around this time!) me and the dog went for a walk. Obviously we took rings and it wasn't long before we were ringing our first pulli.

8 Blackbird pulli ringed - (broods - 1, 2, 2, 3)
2 Song Thrush pulli - (brood of 2)
3 Wood Pigeon - (brood of 1,2)
.
Nearly all of my Blackbird nests this year contain some addled eggs and I've yet to find a brood of four (from 19 nests).

Sadly there was a chick that escaped the pliers tonight - this Tawny Owl chick was trying it's best to hide in a tree, closely being watched by mother. I know where they nested but access was very difficult (in a church spire!)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment