Wednesday 10 November 2010

Aborted Morning Session!

Me & Chris Bridge were up at 6am & at the Shakerley feeding for 06:30am, however by 9am - we'd only caught 4 birds! So we decided to pack up & whilst Chris headed to Hollingworth Lake to twitch the Pied Billed Grebe, I caught up on some paper work. We decided to meet back at Shakerley around 12:30 & place a single 40 foot net up at the feeders, this time doing much better & catching 64 birds - 47 new & 17 recaps.

I have noticed that I do seem to catch more birds in the afternoon at Shakerley, not that I'm complaining - it means I can have longer in bed from now on! :-)

Blue Tit - 14 / 4
Great Tit - 4 / 6
Long Tailed Tit - 1 / 2
Reed Bunting - 2
Bullfinch - 5
Chaffinch - 5
Goldfinch - 7 / 5
Greenfinch - 8
Lesser Redpoll - 1

2 comments:

  1. A nice selection of birds Kane, and I'm impressed you didn't twitch the Pied-billed Grebe!

    Cheers,

    Seumus

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Rare birds don't interest me Seumus! Saw plenty in America whilst over there ;-) Hope you're good...

    ReplyDelete